August 7, 2014

Dragonfly



Dragonflies are among the most ancient of living creatures. They go back to Carboniferous times, meaning they were flying more than how many years ago ?
    300 million. Dragonflies predate dinosaurs by over 100 million years and birds by some 150 million years. It would be tragic if, after surviving such an unimaginable number of years, it should be our generation that witnesses a serious decline of these fascinating and beautiful insects !
    Took this picture during a evening walk with my son using my handy phone camera. What pretty color. I also saw an amazingly bright red colored Dragon fly today in my backyard flying hither and thither. Didn't  get a chance to capture a click. I have a picture in my mind though. Any mind readers? :)





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

Post a Comment

(©) All rights reserved by Paint My Word team.