April 30, 2014

In and around Zurich

Public transport (trains and buses) run like clockwork so, it was easy to work our time table around that. Also we had our local guy (my cuz) along so, we almost never had the need to ask around. Most everything is electronic so the necessity for human interaction was close to zilch. But old habits die very hard, we would still go into stores at the train station and ask questions :) (Not very many could speak english though, but better than Italians).

Rhine Falls - I had no different experience than any tourist who came for sight seeing. You can decide to stay at the shore and enjoy the falls or take a boat ride that takes you to the foot of the oddly shaped rock/hill. From there you are on your own for a steep climb up top (via stairs) and take advantage of the falls and the surroundings (which is different than just watching it from the shore). Might be a little hard for oldies and kids, but there were quite a bunch who were successful in their attempt.











Zurich town - Half of your day would be just enough to go around the town (not including time at museums and cathedrals). Beware, it's an expensive city and so are its basics as well as amenities.
We gazed through the windows of shopping store and enjoyed buying those in spirits....well, I am sure some of you can afford to actually buy these in real too.
We walked alongside the picturesque lake Zurich over the cobblestone admiring the view, taking pictures and ended the evening by watching the sun go down.


For foodies there are lots to enjoy - Restaurants, bars, cafes - Pull up a chair and enjoy it outdoor watching handsome men go by. For me I went for Mcdonald's. Come on don't judge me. I love Mac's veggie burger and miss those terribly in the US. I couldn't spare myself from relishing their burger. I had every right to enjoy a good meal that I like. Besides this could be the only chance for me to get that burger to go (for the rest of my trip).







Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

(©) All rights reserved by Paint My Word team.