May 11, 2014

Happy Mothers Day


Growing up (in India) I don't remember us acknowledging this internationally accepted day for celebrating mothers. We were taught to respect and celebrate mothers everyday and not just pick a day in a year to realize how important she is or make her celebratory.

But, these days (mostly urban) its being assimilated into Indian Culture. Even though I haven't celebrated this day extending my thanks for her love and care (as a child), I do feel a little bit if my son forgets to wish me :(.

This morning my son did wished me (although it came a little late). But I was delighted when he handed over me his hand made card. Like every mother I too got my best gift and would like to share it with you :)






Incase its not legible here is what it says-
My Mom is 35 years old.
Her favourite color is: Pink
She Loves to: Run
If she had extra time she would: Run With Me.

My 2 favourite things listed in there are
       My Mom looks prettiest when she: Sleeps.
       My Mom always forgets: Nothing.

My favourite thing to do with my Mom is: Watch T.V
What I love about my Mom is: She sometimes cooks my favourite food.

Here is what I got for last year.


Things have changed drastically! Last year I was 26yrs old and this year I am 35yrs old. I like the fact that he never gives out my true age and always keeps me younger :)
By the way did you notice it says:
My mothers name is MOM.
My mother's favorite store is: Safeway.
My mother's favorite place is: Bellvu (Bellevue)! ha ha ha ha....

I love these cute writings that's going to go in my treasure. It's very intriguing to learn how they perceive of us. And boy oh boy! do I need to quote on their observation skills!?

I am compelling myself to share what my fellow mom's received from their little one's.

Don't you think her son nailed it :)



Here is what my friend Kristy got from her 6yr old boy. His mom is 92 feet tall! ha ha ha :)
The best is at the last where it says - "I wouldn't trade my mother even for a The now Lego Star Wars Game" - Awww, that so adorable of him.

I love this Chinese Proverb that quotes  - "There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it."

Indeed! We all are blessed. Happy Mothers Day to every single mom out there.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

(©) All rights reserved by Paint My Word team.