May 29, 2014

Left Over Rice



I always end up with leftover rice. We find find ways to revive it one way or another. Usually I end up making fodni rice or lemon rice or tamarind rice. For a change I found this effortless recipe that brings out a different outcome.  I am sure my gujarathi friends might already know about this one.

I don't have exact proportions but I am sure you can easily figure it out.

What do we need?

Leftover Rice (of course cooked!)
Gram flour (chickpea flour, besan .....). Use the Gram flour wisely. It's more of a binding agent.
Garam Masala Pwd (any spice that you may want to use)
Red Chilli Pwd (Paprika, Chilli Flakes ...)
Turmeric Pwd
Salt

Mix all the ingredients very well until it becomes pasty (I trusted my clean hands to do the dirty job).

Make an oblongated roll (size doesn't matter here).

Steam these with the lid on for 25 - 30 min or until nothing looks pasty anymore.

Slice the roll into circular bite size pieces.

In a small skillet prepare tadka of sesame seeds (optional), mustard seeds, black gram (urad daal)  and pinch of asafetida (hing).

Add the sliced rice-chickpea flour wheels.

Mix them until the tadka is coated.

 Turn the stove off, cover and let it sit for 5 min.

Serve with ketchup or green chutney or eat just like that.





Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments :

(©) All rights reserved by Paint My Word team.